Need A Helpful Vitamin A and Retinol Skin Care Guideline?
You have either heard a lot about using retinol or vitamin A in your skin care regime or maybe you have never come across it.
Either way you may be confused about using it. Read this quick and helpful guide to find out what it is, why you should use it, its benefits, pros, cons, and Dr Alek Nikolic’s Retinol product recommendations or just to be directed correctly.
What Is It?
Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin that is naturally present in many foods. Vitamin A is important for normal vision, the immune system, and reproduction. Vitamin A also helps the heart, lungs, kidneys, and other organs work properly.
“Vitamin A has been proven with numerous studies to be a super star anti-ageing ingredient for the skin.” – Dr Alek Nikolic
To get benefits on your skin from Vitamin A or retinol it needs to be applied topically or used as part of your skin care regime.
The Skin Pros:
- Reduction of pigmentation marks
- Stimulation of collagen, elastin, and GAGS production
- Improvement of fine lines and wrinkles
- A more healthy and youthful glow to one’s skin
- An improvement of skin laxity
- Smoother skin texture and an improvement of breakouts, blemishes and bumps
- Reduction of excess oil production
- Improved appearance of pores
The Skin Cons:
- Increased sun sensitivity: so wearing a good SPF is vital
- A burning feeling or s stinging or tingling sensation of the skin: this is usually mild and lasts for a short time after the first application
- A slight peeling of skin (mild)
- Inflammation or Redness of the skin (mild)
- Unusual dryness of skin (mild)
- And an unusually warm feel to the skin (mild)
Need More Info?
Further Reading & Recommended In Depth Articles:
For More Skincare Advice:
- Take Our Skin Assessment: see immediate recommendations for your skin type and/or skin concern
- Take Dr Alek Nikolic’s Face2Face Skin Consultation: get personal recommendations for your skin from Dr Alek
See Our Full Treatment Product List With Vitamin A: please click here
Dr Alek Nikolic’s Top Vitamin A & Retinol Picks: