Need A Helpful Vitamin C Skin Guideline?
Read our Quick and Helpful Guide on Vitamin C to find its Uses & Benefits, Vitamin C Types, Further Educational Topics and Dr Alek’s Recommended Products with Vitamin C.
Are you confused about what Vitamin C does for your skin or wondering if you should add it in your skin care regime then check Dr Alek Nikolic’s quick guide to give you the direction you need.
- Cannot be manufactured by our own bodies so it is essential that we replenish levels in our diet and in our skin care products.
- Has a short activity period so we do need to add it in our diets every day
Vitamin C Benefits & Uses:
- It is an antioxidant so it gets rid of free radicle
- Is vital for:
- Building connective tissue such as collagen
- Wound healing
- Metabolizes folic acid and hormones in our bodies
- Has been shown to reduce pigmentation, age spots and blemishes: very simply it reduces melanin production
- Helps and aids Vitamin E function in our bodies
- In cleansers is a natural and gentle exfoliator
- Has been shown to increase ceramide production in our skins
Types of Vitamin C In Skin Care Products:
- Ascorbic Acid (L-Ascorbic Acid)
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (THDA)
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP)
- Others: Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Ascorbate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Ascorbyl Glucosamine, Ascorbyl Methylsilanol Pectinate
Need More Info?
- Further Reading & Recommended In Depth Articles:
- For More Skincare Advice:
- Take Our Skin Assessment: see immediate recommendations for your skin type and/or skin concern
- Take Dr Alek Nikolic’s Face2Face Skin Consultation: get personal recommendations for your skin from Dr Alek
- See Our Full Treatment Product List With Vitamin C: please click here
- Dr Alek Nikolic’s Top Vitamin C Picks: