Need A Helpful Vitamin C Skin Guideline?
Read our Quick and Helpful Guide on Vitamin C to find its Uses & Benefits, Vitamin C Types, Further Educational Topics and Dr Alek’s Recommended Products with Vitamin C.
Are you confused about what Vitamin C does for your skin or wondering if you should add it in your skin care regime then check Dr Alek Nikolic’s quick guide to give you the direction you need.
Cannot be manufactured by our own bodies so it is essential that we replenish levels in our diet and in our skin care products.
Has a short activity period so we do need to add it in our diets every day
Vitamin C Benefits & Uses:
- It is an antioxidant so it gets rid of free radicle
- Is vital for:
- Building connective tissue such as collagen
- Wound healing
- Metabolizes folic acid and hormones in our bodies
- Has been shown to reduce pigmentation, age spots and blemishes: very simply it reduces melanin production
- Helps and aids Vitamin E function in our bodies
- In cleansers is a natural and gentle exfoliator
- Has been shown to increase ceramide production in our skins
Types of Vitamin C I Skin Care Products:
- Ascorbic Acid (L-Ascorbic Acid)
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (THDA)
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (MAP)
- Others: Ascorbyl Palmitate, Sodium Ascorbate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Ascorbyl Glucosamine, Ascorbyl Methylsilanol Pectinate
Need More Info?
- Further Reading & Recommended In Depth Articles:
- For More Skincare Advice:
- Take Our Skin Assessment: see immediate recommendations for your skin type and/or skin concern
- Take Dr Alek Nikolic’s Face2Face Skin Consultation: get personal recommendations for your skin from Dr Alek
- See Our Full Treatment Product List With Vitamin C: please click here
- Dr Alek Nikolic’s Top Vitamin C Picks: