Shallow versus Deep
Read Our Quick Reference Guide for Fine Lines and Wrinkles
This is SkinMiles’ and Dr Alek Nikolic’s quick guide for anyone who suffers from fine lines and wrinkles. Get educated or directed in what the difference is between fine lines and wrinkles, the causes of fine lines and wrinkles, treatment guidelines, and what fine lines and wrinkles skin care products are recommended by Dr Alek Nikolic for your skin care regime.
Spot The Difference:
Fine lines and wrinkles are often linked together but there are some distinct differences between them. The obvious on is the depth and appearance of the actual wrinkle:
Fine lines are just that: faint barely visible lines in the skin often grouped together and are exaggerated in depth by using our facial expression muscles. Fine lines are often seen around the mouth, on the side of our face or lower cheek especially when we smile, forehead, and on our lower lid.
Wrinkles are deeper lines or grooves that are clearly visible in our skin and are sometimes referred to as indentations. These are most commonly seen around the sides of the eye (crow’s feet wrinkles), frown, and as we get older on our foreheads and upper lip.
- UV Damage
- Exposure to environmental toxins and free radicle damage(particularly tobacco smoke):
- Irregular thickening of the dermis
- Decrease in the amount of water held by the epidermis
- Natural ageing process of the skin
- The use of our facial expression muscles: smiling, laughing, frowning, squinting, etc.
- Loss of collagen and elastin
- Reduced moisture content: Hyaluronic Acid & Why You Should Add It To Your Skin Care Regime
- Skin boosters and stimulators:
- Chemical peels
- Non-Surgical Cosmetic Treatments:
Need More Info?
Further Reading & Recommended In Depth Articles:
- Are Your Wrinkles Caused by Dry Skin?
- Which Strength of Retinol Do I Need?
- How to Reverse Skin Aging and Damage
- How Antioxidants Work
For More Skincare Advice:
- Take Our Skin Assessment: see immediate recommendations for your skin type and/or skin concern
- Take Dr Alek Nikolic’s Face2Face Skin Consultation: get personal recommendations for your skin from Dr Alek
See Our Full Treatment Product List For Fine Lines and Wrinkles: please click here
Dr Alek Nikolic’s Top Picks for Fine Lines and Wrinkles:
- SKINCEUTICALS CE FERULIC
- NEOSTRATA SKIN ACTIVE CELLULAR RESTORATION
- NEOSTRATA SKIN ACTIVE ANTIOXIDANT DEFENSE SERUM
- DERMACEUTIC SKIN AGEING & PIGMENT SPOTS HOME KIT
- SKINCEUTICALS RETINOL 0.3
- DERMACEUTIC C25 CREAM
FINE LINES & WRINKLES