Find Out Why We Stock Obagi
SkinMiles is an Officially Appointed Online Stockist of Obagi
Not sure if Obagi is for you? Here is a brief introduction to their entire system.
We are proud to be stockists of the Obagi Skin Care Product Range. Our aim is to be the biggest online supplier of Obagi products to South African Consumers. To achieve this we have offered free delivery on all Obagi orders and to help any consumer not sure what product from Obagi is for their skins Dr Alek Nikolic has introduced the Face2Face Skin Assessment that helps any South African to get the best skin advice possible. Answer questions that are specific for your skin (exactly what we would ask in our cosmetic practice) and send a high resolution photo as part of the assessment and get free advice from Dr Alek Nikolic on your skin and skin care regime. At SkinMiles we go beyond just selling a skin product.
Obagi’s slogan is appropriately ‘Obagi For Life’. Obagi’s main focus with their ingredients is to transform your skin at the cellular level and to have products that suit all skin types. Obagi say: ‘There’s an Obagi for everyone’.
The Obagi range, developed by world renowned dermatologist Dr. Zein Obagi, is USA’s #1 physician dispensed skin system. It is specially formulated to help correct and improve the signs of skin ageing, transforming your complexion to beautiful, healthy looking skin. “Obagi for Life” is their commitment to a lifetime of beautiful skin. Obagi state that their role as a worldwide leader in skin health is based on a belief that regardless of your age or skin type, for every skincare need, there is an Obagi solution.
In a Nutshell:
- Transform and correct aging skin with the Nu-Derm Fx System
- Clear skin and control blemishes with the CLENZIderm M.D. System
- Protect skin from further damage with the Professional-C Serums
- Control elasticity in the skin around the eyes with ELASTIderm Eye Treatment
The Nu-Derm Fx System penetrates the skin’s surface to transform the skin’s appearance and helps correct the damage within, revealing healthy, younger-looking skin. 1,2
Nu-Derm is ideal if you have: 1,2
- Age spots
- Rough skin
- Erythema (redness)
- Sallownessa (yellowish complexion)
- Hyperpigmentation (discoloration)
Based on your skin type, the Nu-Derm Fx System is available in a Normal to Dry System and a Normal to Oily System. The Nu-Derm Fx system contains 7 % Arbutin-based products to help brighten your skin’s appearance.3
Obagi CLENZIderm 3-step system contains a unique formulation of 5 % benzoyl peroxide (BPO) and 2 % salicylic acid to help control blemishes. It is available for “Normal to Dry” and “Normal to Oily” skin. Both the “Normal to Oily” and the “Normal to Dry” Systems contain a Therapeutic Lotion that uses SoluZyl Technology allowing the BPO to penetrate deep into the skin layers and clear the germs that causes blemishes. It works as well as an antibiotic-based skin treatment, providing clearer and healthier looking skin fast.4-6
Obagi Professional-C Serums helps protect the skin from harmful environmental stressors that cause skin damage with a powerful antioxidant, Vitamin C. Vitamin C promotes collagen synthesis, visibly improves pigmentation, and enhances UV sun protection. It also brightens skin tone and helps skin retain moisture.7-11
Obagi Elastiderm Eye Treatment is clinically proven to improve the appearance of skin around the eyes and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Elastiderm Eye Treatment also improves the feeling of elasticity and firmness and reduces the appearance of under eye puffiness.12,13
- Sugimoto K, Nishimura T, Nomura K, et al. Inhibitory Effects of α-Arbutin on Melanin Synthesis in Cultured Human Melanoma Cells and a Three-Dimensional Human Skin Model. Biol Pharm Bull 2004;27(4):510-514.
- Tsai TC, Hantash BM. Cosmeceutical Agents: A Comprehensive Review of the Literature. Clinical Medicine: Dermatology 2008;1:1-20. 3. Obagi Medical Products. [Online] 2014. [Cited 2014 November 20]. Available from URL: http://obagi.com.
- Spellman MC, Ramirez J. A Comparison Of Patterns Of Deposition Of Two Formulations Of Benzoyl Peroxide On The Skin And In The Follicular Ostia As Visualized By Scanning Electron Microscopy. Poster. Data on file.
- Ramirez J, Batra RS, Miller T, Mastej J. Evaluation Of In-Vivo Antimicrobial Efficacy Of Three Formulations Containing Benzoyl Peroxide On P. Acnes. Poster. Data on file.
- Del Rosso JQ. Evaluation of a Solubilized Benzoyl Peroxide Gel: A Pooled Analysis From 3 Randomized Investigator-Blinded Clinical Trials. Cosmetic Dermatology® 2008;21(4):201-206.
- Farris PK. Topical vitamin C: a useful agent for treating photoaging and other dermatologic conditions. Dermatol Sug 2005;317(7 Pt 2): 814-817.
- Gianeti MD, Gaspar LR, Bueno F, et al. Benefits of Combination of Vitmain A, C and E Derivatives in the Stability of Cosmetic Formulations. Molecules 2012;17:2219-2230.
- Kameyama K, Sakai C, Kondoh S, et al. Inhibitory effect of magnesium L-ascorbyl-2-phosphate (VC-PMG) on melanogenesis in vitro and in vivo. J Am Acad Dermatol 1996;34(1):29-33.
- Campos PM, Goncalves GM, Gaspar LR. In vitro antioxidant activity and in vivo efficacy of topical formulations containing vitamin C and its derivatives studies by non-invasive methods. Skin Res Technol 2008;14(3):376-380.
- Burgess C. Topical vitamins. J Drugs Dermatol 2008;7(7 Suppl):s2-6.
- Miller TF, Batra RS, Ramirez J. Evaluation Of The Effect Of A Novel Bi-Mineral Complex On Photoexposed Periorbital Skin. Poster. Data on file.
- Amnuaikit T, Maneenuan D, Boonme P. Evaluation of Caffeine Gels on Physicochemical Characteristics and In Vivo Efficacy in Reducing Puffy Eyes. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science 2011;01(02):56-59.