Product Focus: SkinCeuticals Triple Lipid Restore
Find out why this brand new entry from SkinCeuticals is making headway with skin care. As we approach winter and especially for those that suffer from dry skin the newly released SkinCeuticals product Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 is a must have. As a leader in skin health and research SkinCeuticals is committed to developing skincare products backed by science that provide corrective benefits while promoting overall skin health. The latest addition to their advanced portfolio Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 is the result of the brand’s groundbreaking research in Lipidomics, an emerging field studying lipids and their role in skin health. Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 refills cellular lipids to support natural skin repair and nourishment. This anti-aging treatment restores fullness, resurfaces texture, and rediscovers radiance.
Lipids are essential components of skin and play a crucial role in the skin’s barrier function and important role in cell-to-cell signaling.
The lipids in skin are found in:
- The Stratum Corneum layer of the epidermis: this is the glue that holds the dead skin cells together and traps water
- Epidermis: a free form of fatty acids, cholesterol, and sphingolipids
- Cell membranes
- Sebum: this is the oil produced by the sebaceous glands attached to follicles and when excessively produced predispose us to bacteria and acne or blemishes
Because epidermal lipids are so crucial to the skin’s barrier function, the skin barrier is often referred to as the lipid barrier.
Aging skin is increasingly susceptible to lipid depletion: the loss of natural fats in skin’s surface, present in the form of ceramides, cholesterol, and fatty acids. This lipid loss compromises the skin’s natural protective barrier, resulting in signs of accelerated aging, as skin loses its ability to effectively self-repair. The visible effects in skin include roughness, dullness, uncomfortable tightness, and loss of facial fullness.
Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 is formulated with a maximized concentration of reparative lipids: 2% pure ceramides, 4% natural cholesterol, and 2% fatty acids. This anti-aging lipid correction treatment contains the first cholesterol-dominant ratio to refill lipids, restore skin’s external barrier, and support natural repair, while potently nourishing aging skin. Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 has been clinically proven to improve skin’s smoothness, laxity, pore appearance, and overall radiance.
What That Means For You and Me:
Very simply put lipids are vital in maintaining our skins health and vitality and most importantly keeping moister in.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
4% Natural Cholesterol:
- Accelerates barrier recovery in aging skin
- Stabilizes the structure of the stratum corneum
2% Ceramide 1 & 3
- Synergistically proven to increase hydration & barrier function
- Unprecedented concentration of ceramide-1
2% Fatty Acids
- High in linoleic acid (omega-6) and oleic acid (omega-9)
- Support overall lipid production
USAGE AND RECOMMENDATIONS
- All skin types with signs of accelerated aging
- Rough texture
- Uncomfortable tightness
- Loss of facial fullness
- Contact Dermatitis. 2008 May; 58(5):255-62. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0536.2008.01320.x. Lipids and skin barrier function–a clinical perspective. Jungersted JM1, Hellgren LI, Jemec GB, Agner T.
FOR ALL SKIN TYPES