Wrinkles Are Not My Main Concern!
Glow, Luminosity and Colour Are. Quick Reference Guide for Mature Skin
This is SkinMiles’ and Dr Alek Nikolic’s quick guide for anyone who suffers from mature skin concerns or ageing skin. Get educated or directed in how to treat ageing skin, find out what ageing skin is and their causes, and what mature skin concerns and ageing skin are recommended by Dr Alek Nikolic.
Causes of Skin Changes As We Age
- Structural Changes Associated with Aging Skin
- Skin Colour Changes
- Breakdown of Collagen and Elastin
- Skin Cell Turnover Slows Down
- Loss of Underlying Support
Our treatments should focus on all of the above changes:
- Skin care regime specific for aged skin – see below
- Chemical peels: superficial peels such as glycolic acid are a great tool to rejuvenate the skin on an ongoing basis with no downtime at all
- Botox®: to reduce the effect expression muscles have on our skins
- Dermal fillers: to re-inflate the loss or thinning of the fat pads bringing back that vital support
- Surgery: face lift, neck lift, SMAS lift, etc.
Need More Info?
Further Reading & Recommended In Depth Articles:
- How To Take Care Of Your Skin In Your Fifties and Beyond
- Vitamin C In Skin Care Products
- Hyaluronic Acid: Why You Should Add It To Your Skin Care Regime
- The Pros and Cons of Retinol: Why Is Retinol So Important For Our Skins?
- Which Strength of Retinol Do I Need?
For More Skincare Advice:
- Take Our Skin Assessment: see immediate recommendations for your skin type and/or skin concern
- Take Dr Alek Nikolic’s Face2Face Skin Consultation: get personal recommendations for your skin from Dr Alek
See Our Full Treatment Product List For Mature Skin: please click here
Dr Alek Nikolic’s Top Picks for Mature Skin:
Vitamin A Retinol:
- Mechanisms of skin aging induced by EGFR inhibitors. Gerber PA, Buhren BA, Schrumpf H, Hevezi P, Bölke E, Sohn D, Jänicke RU, Belum VR, Robert C, Lacouture ME, Homey B. Support Care Cancer. 2016 May 10. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 27165055
- Extracellular Matrix Modulation: Optimizing Skin Care and Rejuvenation Procedures. Widgerow AD, Fabi SG, Palestine RF, Rivkin A, Ortiz A, Bucay VW, Chiu A, Naga L, Emer J, Chasan PE. J Drugs Dermatol. 2016 Apr 1;15(4):s63-71. PMID: 27050707
- Introduction to skin aging. Tobin DJ. J Tissue Viability. 2016 Mar 14. pii: S0965 206X(16)00028-0. doi: 10.1016/j.jtv.2016.03.002. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 27020864
- Age-Related Changes to Human Stratum Corneum Lipids Detected Using Time-of-Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectrometry Following in Vivo Sampling. Starr NJ, Johnson DJ, Wibawa J, Marlow I, Bell M, Barrett DA, Scurr DJ. Anal Chem. 2016 Apr 19;88(8):4400-8. doi: 10.1021/acs.analchem.5b04872. Epub 2016 Apr 7.
- http://www.dermalinstitute.com by Dr Diana Howard The International Dermal Institute