Message From Our Founder Dr Alek Nikolic
We are unfortunately in unprecedented times with the arrival and spread of the COVID-19 (Corona) virus in South Africa. During this time the entire SkinMiles team thoughts and prayers are with everyone in SA especially with those that have been directly impacted with the virus. We only wish you all the very best and for a speedy and healthy recovery.
Considering the potential impact of COVID-19 we have taken every precaution possible to ensure that orders are delivered on time and with as little delay as possible.
Our entire team of staff have been briefed on the guidelines and policies as governed by our local Health Department and the National Institute for Communicable Diseases. We have also implemented the guidelines as proposed by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Resources and Useful Links.
How to stay informed
Some of our in office specific guidelines are as follows:
- A strict hand washing policy: regular washing of hands for 40 seconds before and after handling deliveries, products, samples, etc.
- Maintaining a distance of 3 meters between staff and courier deliveries.
- Using our own pens.
- Spraying our hands with a 90% alcohol-based solution before and after handling any delivery boxes, products, cards, samples, etc.
- Regular wiping of contact surfaces with a 90% alcohol-based solution.
- We spray every courier’s hands with 90% alcohol-based solution before they enter our office reception area.
We have also ensured that our couriers, Primetime Express, are following guidelines as set out by the National Institute for Communicable Diseases and WHO. This includes but is not limited to:
- All their staff have been briefed and will be informed of and required to adopt the latest best practice.
- All vehicles will have hand sanitisers and drivers and couriers are required to regularly sanitise their hands prior to and after collections/deliveries.
- Should you choose not to handle the mobile device of the courier, you may accept your delivery by signing with your own pen on the waybill copy and the couriers trip sheet. Please wash your hands after accepting parcels.
- The World Health Organisation requests that only health care workers and those infected with the virus wear masks, so these will not be issued. Should this advice change Primetime Express will review their policy.
- Social distancing will be practised when collecting or delivering parcels at Primetime Express depots.
- No staff will be required to travel by air for Primetime Express business.
We have also provided in the right hand column of this post some useful links for you to read and prepare yourselves for limiting exposure and spread of COVID-19.
Once again, we wish all you the very best health and to stay safe.
Dr Alek Nikolic