Need A Helpful Combination Skin Guideline?
Check Out Our Helpful & Quick Reference Guide for Combination Skin Sufferers
This is SkinMiles’ and Dr Alek Nikolic’s quick guide for anyone who suffers from Combination skin. Get educated or directed in how to treat Combination skin, find out what causes Combination skin, and what Combination skin care products and treatments are recommended by Dr Alek Nikolic.
Combination skin occurs when two or more different skin types occur on your face at the same time. Typically combination skin is used as a description when parts of your face are dry or flaky, and other parts of your face (such as the nose, chin, and forehead called the T-zone) is oily.
However the true term Combination skin actually describes any condition where the skin has more than one skin type, concern or issue such as when wrinkles and breakouts or rosacea and dry skin are present at the same time.
Causes of Combination Skin
- Can vary from person to person so it is a good idea to have a skin consultation or try our Face2Face Skin Assessment
- Incorrect skin care regime: Read How to Perfect Your Skin-Care Routine
- Excessive exfoliation: Read How To Exfoliate Your Skin
- Medical skin conditions such as rosacea: Read Rosacea Guideline & Rosacea Skin Care Regime
- Excessive emollient moisturisers
- Reacting to an ingredient in your skin care product
Recommended Treatment Guideline:
- Start with a gentle cleanser:
- Use a toner to repair skin
- Protect from sun damage
- Exfoliate to remove built-up skin cells
- Spot-treat the different skin types on your face
Need More Info?
Further Reading & Recommended In Depth Articles:
- Treating Combination Skin: Choosing The Right Ingredients
- How To Plan Your Skin Care Regime
- How to Perfect Your Skin-Care Routine
For More Skincare Advice:
- Take Our Skin Assessment: see immediate recommendations for your skin type and/or skin concern
- Take Dr Alek Nikolic’s Face2Face Skin Consultation: get personal recommendations for your skin from Dr Alek
See Our Full Treatment Product List For Combination Skin: please click here
Dr Alek Nikolic’s Top Picks for Combination Skin: